Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card)

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 2 months 3 weeks ago #1243

D'oh Bugger bugger bitch bugger .. well had PCB made holes drilled 1st Component about to be solder.....Big Expletive time ...the silly arse used standard parts library files for the Nano Pinout pitch .........MISTAKE created by the school of assumption ... forgot the pin spacing on the Nano was n[ot the same as 0.6" spacing for DIP ...Damm Dammm and More dammimng ...so slight delay while I rejig the PCB layout .. the revised spacing will actually work in my favour just mean i'll be grovelling to my mate to make me another PCB LOL .. back in the day I used to do my own but im taking the easy way as he has the Etching bits n bobs and id only be buying them again for one off ... Sorry im have not gotten as far as I should have so another week maybe Guys .. Cheers wheres the dam tin can cos something needs a kicking LOL (aside form Doofuss here)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 2 months 3 weeks ago #1244

• e-HG
  • e-HG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Ah, geez that's a buggar!

Mate happens to the best of us. And you know what assume stands for? ...making an ASS of U and ME ;)

Hope you beat it into to submission quickly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wannabeaflyer

Sorry not PG, but electrons are electrons right!

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 2 months 2 weeks ago #1254

Hiya Brendan,
Finally got a chance to update the PCB and my man with the Etching kit is primed and ready LOL so Fingers crossed this week should see the updated PCB being made and assembled .. sorry things slowed down a bit but will pick up the pace now the sun is out and things look good to move this whole E-One Project along again ...

Born N Bred Brit but even after 60 Ahem years I still hate the Cold LOL.. That's my excuse .. and my 3d printed throttle works a treat, but one thing I found out is that making the Gear Tight Push fit onto the Pot ,Buggers up the pot operation, so slight mod to 3d File and will bond it in Place so no force on the actual pot .. Video and Pictures will be posted on my Thread ..Cheers That man

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 1 month 3 weeks ago #1255

Hi Brendan wee update as to why this is not finished as yet, well the updated PCB was sent to my friend doing the printing and it came back looking good But then tried to fit the Nano headers and they did not match up ?????? turns out when he printed the acetate on his laser jet he had the wrong Scale ( print to fit ) not print to scale ...Upshot being another learning curve delay but has promised to sort it for me, so just means a few more days ..so once it happens i'll post assembly photos etc Cheers

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 1 month 3 weeks ago #1256

• e-HG
  • e-HG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Mate
Wow, it's turning into a bit of a mission!
Are wires and soldering starting to look ok after all ;)
Hope the next run is the last one!
Cheers, B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wannabeaflyer

Sorry not PG, but electrons are electrons right!

DIY Electrical Data Logging (to SD Card) 1 month 3 weeks ago #1257

Yes he's back but on the bright side some progress at last , PCB etched and Populated so I can now start to move this along again Hindsight being the bugger it is , I can see some Changes that could make the PCB smaller , I fitted a header for the nano as at this stage my confidence dictated that if I bugger something up nano wise I can unplug it .

next gen PCB will be sourced form JLSPCB as they will make the PCB and screen print the masks to make this puppy look even better hell they may even do the surface mount option for Resistors which will make it even smaller footprint. Pricing and delivery seem great so Food for thought on my part ..

so if you guys like this route I can factor that in the order when placed ..