TOPIC: e-HG NZ style

e-HG NZ style 1 year 2 months ago #1188

• e-HG
  • e-HG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Thank you guys :)

Nothing changed electrically, other than that this was the first time I ran this prop at full throttle for the entire flight.

The changes were in the mechanics. I:

- Brought the whole unit closer to my head so that when I ran my legs were no longer hitting the bottom of the battery box,

- Added two more fastening points so that the battery box was fastened at four points, instead of two to my harness. This again aided with running (less flopping around),

- Exchanged the motor-boom mono-leg, for a two-leg system. This again stops the motor and prop from flopping and swaying around while running.
An added benefit is that it makes getting into the harness much easier too. With one leg the motor kept wanting to flop to one side.
I constructed the legs so they could be folded down, flat onto the boom for transporting.

Picture is worth a thousand words so...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sorry not PG, but electrons are electrons right!

e-HG NZ style 1 year 2 months ago #1189

Great news and thumbs up! The full throttle all time is an evidence again the motor can take the hard work. Impressive post, hope I can show some progress in 2-3 weeks too. :-)

e-HG NZ style 1 year 1 month ago #1190

hey mate , glad to see ya'll airbourne and having fun , and big thanks for the data about your systems performance, your results seem to be more or less what I have seen on the few tests that I have done on my system , so its very encouraging for me and look forward to getting my system back up and running again now thanks to Bo .. Great stuff keep it coming loving it ..

e-HG NZ style 3 weeks 2 days ago #1271

• e-HG
  • e-HG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Hey Guys, just thought I would say hi and Happy New Year :cheer:

Is anybody still building or flying 'E'? I see the OpenEPPG project had some traction.

I have not flown my unit for a year, as I started a new job which took all my attention. One thing I found, once all the satisfaction of making a working unit had worn off, we need a new battery technology!!! The weight to flight-time ratio is really crappy at the moment, even with the best battery chemistry :S Right now, if you are happy to carry lots of kg's of batteries around, all good. Otherwise, we are limited to shortish flights :(

All the best everybody!

Sorry not PG, but electrons are electrons right!